Sunday 30 June 2013

Now that I have finished uni....


So as I said in the wee introduction post- I have just finished uni and my fab sister gave me this card on my graduation and it pretty much sums up what I have been doing with my time since finishing exams other than working (and yes before you ask - it is possible for an arts student to get a job!). This has meant that I have finally finished my bag:
 
which is the perfect place to keep the red empty toilet roll that was gifted to me on graduation day a.k.a my transcript- which is all I have to show for the past four years of (sort of) constant hard work other than potential liver damage from all those nights at Cheesy, flat nights in and open mic.
 
It also means I have time to finish this:

(it's a dress). This has been one of those projects that I feel like I have been doing FOREVER I am sure any fellow knitters out there will feel my pain when it comes to a project that feels never ending. I am enjoying it though possibly because the name of the wool I am using is called Wicked. Hopefully I will have it done by Christmas (although I said that last year!)

I am also working on this for a certain special delivery:
 
Whilst it doesn't look like much at the moment this is going to be a baby blanket. The deadline for this project is September at the latest as that is when the boys nephew is due- very very exciting times! I have been really enjoying trying out different types of wool and different stitches on this and it was the perfect remedy for exam stress as each square doesn't take long so fingers crossed it looks good when it is complete and keeps baby cosy!
 
 
So that is certainly enough to keep me busy for the next month at least!
Watch this space for my new Twitter account (if I ever work out how to use it!) and also for my facebook page when I eventually get round to kicking off my wee online knitting shop!
 
X


1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love where you're storing your bright red scroll of cleverness! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects. Love big sis x

    ReplyDelete